Monday, January 6, 2014

Shopping!

1/02/14 One of the most exciting parts of a new venture whether it be a new hobby, a new sport or a new way of eating is the research that goes into how to incorporate the new activity into my life. I've done this whole heartedly in the past with knitting and running, and now I have a new venture! So, I've been researching vegan websites, vegan cookbooks, vegan people (my brother and his wife both decided to become vegan in the last few months). And the researching inevitably leads to buying. Yay!
I've looked at a lot of vegan recipes and pictures of food on the internet (cough*Pinterest*cough). It's always hard for me to commit to just one cookbook. So I bought two: The Great Vegan Bean cookbook by (because my kids will usually eat beans, and hey! protein) and Isa Does It! because the recipes sounded good and used a wide variety of ingredients. Also it had some Indian recipes, and I love Indian food.
I also went to the grocery store to shop for the first time as a vegan. I bought a lot (A LOT) of nuts. I guess I'm having a little bit of anxiety about not getting enough protein in my diet. I also bought chocolate almond milk to try in my coffee as a creamer substitute. I didn't buy yogurt, cheese or meat, but my husband did. I don't know that eating vegan is going to be any cheaper than being a carnivore was. But I reassure myself and my husband that I'm still in the "getting set up" stage and that maybe next time I won't need to buy so many nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment